when you’re having fun. I’m happy to report that this is indeed the case around here.
I blinked and it was May.
In between now and then, a lot has gone on. Namely:
- I watched the Texans make the playoffs and come so close to going to the Super Bowl (again).
- I co-hosted my very first crawfish boil as my guests and I watched 2 other teams vie for that title.
- I enjoyed the best ValentineBirthday ever with warm wishes and love from the sweetest friends, family, and boyfriend a girl could hope for.
- I ushered in spring and topless Jeep weather, and I’m still waiting for it to actually be “warm” daily.
- I helped raise a boatload of money to be given to deserving Texas teens as college scholarhips through my charity work with the Petite Piglettes.
- I welcomed my favorite season of all – baseball – at MLB Opening Day with a party on the patio with 37 of my dearest fellow baseball fanatics.
- I received a nomination for Marketer of the Year and also made finalist for the Crystal Awards – the American Marketing Association’s awards for outstanding marketing (winners announced May 23 – fingers crossed!).
- I signed up for my first BBQ cookoff with my pitmaster boyfriend (May 17 weekend – I’ll keep you posted on how it goes).
- I hosted the 2013 Senior-Senior Trip (my sweet daddy brought my nieces and nephew – all high school seniors – to Houston for spring break).
- I survived my first year as captain of my HLSR Committee team.
- I circled my neighborhood block about a thousand times with my sweet pup Maggie working to get us both in better shape. (so far, she’s looking more svelte than I.)
- I planned several trips to get me through the year. (including my gift to my senior nieces – 5 days in the Big Apple in June! so excited!!)
- I made my 6 year anniversary with my current company.
- I discovered that I’m allergic to 4 different trees, grass, and – gasp! – my dog. (managing it with weekly shots tho, so all is good. bring on the puppy sugars!)
- I rejoiced with my sweet neighbors when they found out they are going to be parents – of twins!
- I watched a movie at a drive-in.
- I frequented a local craft brewery (tip: they allow dogs. see evidence below).
- I opened my heart and let someone amazing in. And it feels great.
And today, May 3, I am working away the day, ready for 5 o’clock and another beautiful weekend in Htown.
Happy (early) Cinco, friends! If you’re looking for an excellent margarita recipe to help you celebrate, may I suggest one by my papi – Jimmy Buffett – the source for all things that are too much fun.
’til next time,